Placers Presents: “New Job Orientation” Can I just start my new job already!?
In order to ensure that our candidates will be completely successful in their new position with Placers, we, in part with our clients, require a New Hire Orientation for all of those brand new employees. The New Hire Orientation has slowly evolved to adapt to the changes experienced not only by our clients but the constant changes in the workforce demand today. Each program is individualized and personalized with client-specific information within. However, each session also includes vital Placers information to make sure everything they need to know is discussed in detail. We aim to establish a strong and lasting relationship between the candidate, the client, and Placers.
The reason this initial meeting is so important is that it gives all new candidates an opportunity for Placers to coach and educate them on who we are, what we do, and why we do it; all while they simultaneously become acclimated to the client’s established culture and expectations. When things are discussed, outlined, and established ahead of time, a lot less confusion and questions arise after the first day; there are already enough jitters that come along with a first day, so why create more? This can encourage candidates to ask any and all questions they may have, and to communicate any concerns in a comfortable setting before they head to the site on their first day.
New Hire Orientation is something that allows an extra dose of instruction to the workforce while sharing the client-specific information that is so important to know before stepping foot on the site. We know and understand that a first day anywhere that is new and unfamiliar can sometimes be overwhelming and cause some anxiety. But, we at Placers are here to alleviate that anxiety by sharing all information openly and freely; the more you know, the more empowered you can become, which is extremely important when it comes to your career goals!
In order to ensure some success at New Hire Orientation, follow the tips below to make sure you are getting the most out of the experience:
- Come Prepared: Bring a notebook, pen, and necessary documents requested. This alleviates “downtime” that otherwise may make Orientation feel slow or dull.
- Dress the Part: First impressions last. Dress in business casual attire or the required uniform in order to show your organization, preparedness, & professionalism
- Pay Attention: Put down the phone, grab your caffeinated beverage, and take some detailed notes. The more you retain and understand during the presentation, the less confusing things will be after you leave.
- Ask Questions: If there is anything at all that seems confusing, ask. If you are unsure of anything regarding your position, ask. This is the time to clear things up before your first day at the site. Be honest because we are here to help!
- Keep the Folder Handy: The orange folder given to each person has vital information and answers to FAQs. Look in the folder for answers before you send that email.
Overall and in conclusion, we aim to prepare our new employees to ensure independence, confidence, and success while they are onsite with our clients. By making sure that we are finding the best fit for each person individually, we are setting them up to succeed in multiple ways on a path that aligns with their career goals. We ensure a happy client by sending along top-notch and prepared talent that is educated on their culture and their company values. It’s simply a win-win.